8. January 2014
18. June 2011
What I mean by multi-target?
Today it is possible to create Flex project that runs in browser as Flash application. Other option is to create mobile or desktop application using AIR.
The question is how to structure bigger projects that need to target web, mobile and desktop.
Let’s assume that we’re developing multiple applications and therefore it is good to have common library which aggregates common functions.
That is sufficient when you’re targeting just one platform. Once you need to support more projects then one common library is not enough.
It is reasonable to split this library into the main core that is common for all projects and then create specialized libraries for AIR, web and mobile.
On the top of these libraries you can build final applications for desired platform.
- top: applications for mobile, web and desktop
- middle: specialized libraries that extends functionality for mobile, web, desktop
- bottom: common library for all platforms
25. May 2011
ColorPicker is not available in Flex 4.5 with Spark architecture. I found this problem while I was migrating desktop project to mobile AIR for Android.
Fortunately there is solution. Alex Harui wrote simple Spark based components that replace ColorPicker and DataField functionality.
Update: Unfortunetely swatch DropDown component does not work in mobile world. You could not select color from swatch. This problem is bounded to DropDown/ComboBox problem in mobile world. I recieved recommendation from Adobe developers to move DropDown part to new view state and avoid using s:DropDown.
Please drop a comment to this post if you have working mobile colorpicker component.
15. April 2011
I was invited to give another talk at FRI Žilina. Previous topic was development for Google Android platform.
This time I focused on jQuery.Together with Michal Kaukič we started jQuery workshop. Attendees learned basics of jQuery in two hours. At the end they have running application with simple animation in HTML.
You can download slides in PDF version.
You can also download ZIP file with all demo applications.
I suggest to download also jQuery Cheat Sheet, it is very handful manual.
I mentioned two interesting projects. One was Adobe Browser Lab which allows you to get snapshot of your web site displayed in different browsers on different systems.
The second project was jQuery Mobile. This project could help you to create applications for mobile environment.
I provide this workshop also in form of training for companies. You can find more details about available trainings at sinusgear.com.
26. February 2011
Video recording from my talk about development of applications for Google Android is available at mojandroid.sk.
This video is available thanks to Fero Chovaňák.
24. February 2011
2. January 2011
It is quite easy to create mobile version of application with Flash Builder Burrito “Preview”. You can run and test this application with Google Android emulator. There are few tricks how to achieve it.
2. Unpack Android SDK, run SDK manager, download all updates.
3. Add two paths to your PATH system variable: Flex SDK/bin and Android SDK/platform-tools. You will be able to run adt (Flex) and adb (Android) commands.
4. Create Virtual Device in Android SDK Manager. Target platform must be Android 2.2. Android 2.3 does not work with emulator version of AIR. Start this new device.
5. Open shell/command line and go to directory Flex SDK/runtime/air/android/emulator. Install AIR Runtime to Virtual Device by this command:
adb install Runtime.apk
6. Create Mobile project in Flash Builder. Try to run it. It will create some files in bin-debug directory.
7. Open shell/command line and go to this bin-debug directory. Create package for Android emulator:
adt -package -target apk-emulator -storetype pkcs12 -keystore cert.p12 Main.apk Main-app.xml Main.swf
Note: cert.p12 could be create by Flash Builder in “Export release build” step.
8. Install the package to Android emulator:
adb install Main.apk
That’s all 🙂
- performance – Air on Android Emulator is quite slow. Real HW is much faster.
- update application – Add -r to command. It will reinstall package:
adb install -r Main.apk
26. November 2010
Update: Pridaná prezentácia od Michala Grona o Hudsone.
Spolu s Michalom Gronom sme odprednasali temu Hudson CI, Maven a FlexMojos.
Prezentácia od Michala Grona o Hudsone:
Pokiaľ vás téma kontinuálnej integrácie a Flexu zaujíma, pozrite si nasledujúce materiály:
- FlexMojos – how to build Flex app from command line
- FlexMojos – offline build
- Hudson CI for ActionScript projects
- Nástroj pre kontinuálnu integráciu Hudson CI
Informácie a materiály z ďalších prednášok nájdete na stránkach Adobe User Group Slovakia.